The Small Print…
Seymour & Lerhn Terms & Conditions | March 2019
Online Terms & Conditions – Issue March 2019
Seymour & Lerhn is an online subscription educational platform providing interactive, 360, VR & AR virtual experiences in line with the UK National Curriculum.
General Terms & Conditions
- Membership to Seymour & Lerhn provides unlimited access to interactive, 360, VR & AR virtual experiences in line with the UK National Curriculum.
- We offer a number of membership options, please ensure you have the correct membership for your needs. Find our handy checklist here.
- Your Seymour & Lerhn membership will continue either yearly or monthly until terminated. To use the service, you must have internet access and an internet enabled device, and provide us with a valid payment method. Payment Method means a current, valid and accepted form of payment. Unless you cancel your membership before your next billing date, you authorise us to charge your next membership fee to your Payment Method.
- From time to time we may offer promotional free or discounted trials. These are subject to the same terms and conditions as full membership
- We reserve the right to change or remove free trials at any point. This will not affect any current or existing free trials.
Ownership of rights
- All rights, including copyright, in this website are owned by or licensed to Seymour & Lerhn. Any use of this website or its contents, including copying or storing it or them in whole or part, other than for your own personal, non-commercial use, is prohibited without our permission. You may not modify, distribute or repost anything on this website for any purpose.
- Seymour & Lerhn own the full copyright to all content, including, but not limited to, the content, branding and service.
- No content or copyrighted material may be reused outside of the Seymour & Lerhn platform without the express written permission of Seymour & Lerhn.
- No content or copyrighted material may be uploaded to or otherwise used on any third party platform or system without the express written permission of Seymour & Lerhn.
- Users may not resell or charge for use, any material owned by Seymour & Lerhn without the express written permission of Seymour & Lerhn.
Use of Service
- You must be 18 years of age to subscribe to Seymour & Lerhn. Accounts for minors must be registered under the name of the adult responsible for the Payment Method.
- Children and minors using the service should be suitably supervised by an adult.
Accuracy of content
- We have taken care in the preparation of the content of this website, in particular to ensure that prices quoted are correct at the time of publishing and that all services have been described accurately.
- Whilst every attempt has been made to ensure that the educational content is in line with the most recent or latest UK National Curriculum guidelines as per the government website, accuracy of educational content should be checked by teaching professional for curriculum changes.
Passwords and Account Use
- You may share your Learn at Home account with children, immediate family members and occupants of the registered address. This account may not be used in public areas (including but not limited to schools, hospitals & prisons). This account may not be used for promotion or personal gain unless the intended use has been approved by Seymour & Lerhn in writing.
- You may share your Primary, Secondary, Early Years or SEN account with pupils, teachers and staff for exclusive use on school premises. This account may not be shared with other schools and home use is not permitted. Please contact us to find out more about our Homework add on for schools.
Damage to your computer
We try to ensure that this website is free from viruses or defects. However, we cannot guarantee that your use of this website or any websites accessible through it will not cause damage to your computer. It is your responsibility to ensure that the right equipment is available to use the website. We will not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise to computer equipment as a result of using this website.
- You are able to correct errors on your order up to the point on which you click on “submit” during the ordering process.
- We are happy to assist with the correction of orders brought to our attention after this point. This may result in additional charges if there is a price difference in products.
- The prices payable for services that you order are as set out on our website.
- All prices are inclusive of VAT at the current rates and are correct at the time of entering information unless otherwise indicated.
We accept no liability if our services are delayed because you did not give us the correct payment details.
Billing & Cancellation
Your Seymour & Lerhn membership will be billed either yearly or monthly until terminated. Unless you cancel your membership before your next billing date, you authorise us to charge your next membership fee to your Payment Method.
Cancelling your subscription
- You can cancel your subscription via your account page, the cancellation form provided at the end of these terms and conditions, or by notifying us in writing. We must receive notification of your intent to cancel prior to the next payment being taken.
- Upon cancellation you will continue to have access to subscribed content until the paid subscription ends. All billing is paid up front for the subscription period and is non-refundable. If the subscription is cancelled, access will continue until the end of the subscription period at which point it will end. There will be no partial payments or refunds for unused membership.
- Where you are a consumer as defined in The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 SI 2013/3134 you have the legal right to cancel your order up to 14 calendar days after the day on which the contract is entered into (the Cancellation Period). You do not need to give us any reason for cancelling your contract nor will you have to pay any penalty (unless we have begun the services within the Cancellation Period in accordance with clause 10.5)
- The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 SI 2013/3134 do not apply if the services you have ordered are of a gambling, banking, credit, insurance, personal pension, investment or payment nature.
- In accordance with The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 SI 2013/3134 you cannot cancel your contract if the services you have ordered are passenger transport services, services (other than the supply of water, gas, electricity or heating) for which the price is dependent on fluctuations in the financial market, urgent repairs or maintenance where you have specifically requested a visit, accommodation, transport of goods, vehicle rental services, catering or services related to leisure activities (if the contract provides for a specific date or period of performance).
- Your right to cancel continues until either the end of the Cancellation Period, or the completion of the services, whichever is the earlier. If you cancel during the Cancellation Period we may charge you for any services provided up until the point when we receive your cancellation notice, and will provide a partial and proportionate refund accordingly. Your right to cancel the services will no longer apply once the services have been fully performed.
Cancellation by us
We reserve the right not to process your order if:
- We have insufficient staff or resources to deliver the services you have ordered;
- We do not provide services to your area; or
- One or more of the services you ordered was listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error.
If we do not process your order for the above reasons, we will notify you by e-mail and will re-credit to your account any sum deducted by us from your credit/debit card as soon as possible, but in any event within 14 days.
If you have any questions or complaints about the services please contact us. You can do so at:
- 01246 432426
- The White House, 10-12 High Street, Eckington, S21 1ET
We are under a legal duty to supply services that are in conformity with this contract and in accordance with the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
Liabilities & Third-Parties
- We do not accept liability if we are prevented or delayed from complying with our obligations set out in these terms and conditions by anything you (or anyone acting with your express or implied authority) does or fails to do, or is due to events which are beyond our reasonable control.
- Furthermore, we do not accept liability for any losses related to any business of yours including but not limited to: lost data, lost profits, lost revenues or business interruption.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to limit any rights you might have as a consumer under applicable local law or other statutory rights that may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit our liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
Unless otherwise expressly stated in these terms and conditions, all notices from you to us must be in writing and sent to our contact address at (insert postal address) and all notices from us to you will be displayed on our website from time to time.
Changes to legal notices
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time and you should look through them as often as possible.
Law, jurisdiction and language
- This website, any content contained therein and any contract brought into being as a result of usage of this website are governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Parties to any such contract agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- All contracts are concluded in English.
If any part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
Third party rights
Nothing in this Agreement is intended to, nor shall it confer any rights on a third party.
Other important terms
Alternative dispute resolution is a process where an independent body considers the facts of a dispute and seeks to resolve it, without you having to go to court. If you are not happy with how we have handled any complaint, you may submit the dispute for online resolution to the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution platform.
I’d like to cancel my membership…
No problem. Just use the following form to tell us who you are and we’ll do the rest.
Can we change your mind?
We hate saying goodbye. If it’s something we’ve done, we’d like to make it right!
Before you cancel, why not get in touch and see if we can help?
But if you’re sure…